– Check and identify the flaws in the MT engine.
– Reduce the errors of the MT Engine.
– Provide highest possible level of fluency in the raw MT output.
In this way, we can decide if a specific MT engine is suitable for the requested type of content. In addition, we will be able to enhance the performance for a cost-effective and increased productivity work.
Types of corrected errors includes:
– Terminology and vocabulary.
– Literal rendition of common idioms.
– Formal vs. informal style.
– Too long sentence.
– Single word errors, errors of relation, structural/informational errors.
– Incorrect verb forms, tense.
– Disregard of context through consistent translation of specific word.
– Syntax and grammar errors.
– Punctuation errors.
– Omissions and/or additions.
– Compound words translated as individual words.
– Machine neologisms.
Types of post-editing
Light vs. full post-editing
On basis of the rule: four eyes are better than two, we provide QA service performed by a second professional Arabic native-speaker translator and/or proofreader for all post-editing projects. Through this step, the target text is compared against the source to ensure that all terminology and style guidelines have been followed, and strictly applied.
– Post-editing rules and instructions.
– Post-editing metrics.
– Post-editors’ skills and recruitment criteria.
– Post-editors Payment.
Overcoming the challenges
– Leverage experience in PE tasks.
– Expertise in the domain.
– Familiarity with the Arabic PE tasks.
– Know-how with the specific MT used engine.